When you happen to sit with someone with unpleasant breath, you know you wouldn’t want to have the same case with that person. Bad breath odour, also known as halitosis in medical term, can happen periodically or persistently. If the mouth odour exists almost every day, then it could be the right time to see your dentist immediately.
On the other hand, if you cannot visit your dentist right away there are available bad breath remedies that can be found at your own home or from a store nearby. Moreover, it is important to know first the main reasons for the manifestation of bad breath. In doing so, you will be able to help your dentist figure out the best treatment that suits the problem.
What are the Common Causes of Bad Breath?
Odorous Foods and Spices
Garlic and onions are just some of the edible stuff that causes your breath to smell horrible. Though the odour is not permanent, it however remains until your body digests the food.
Healthy saliva flow is necessary for a fresh smelling breath as it washes away bacteria that can only cause bad breath. However, if your mouth is extremely dry it hinders the healthy flow of saliva, thus when food particles are accumulated on the teeth, mouth odour is certainly present.
Tobacco use is not only recognised as destroyer of lungs, but is also a known guarantee for bad breath. Smoking not only leads to halitosis, it also damages the health of your teeth and gums. With 4,000 ingredients that every cigarette are made of, it is not possible that such vice is one health hazard.
If your dentist discovered that any dental problems do not cause your bad breath, the condition might expose an infection somewhere else in the body. Bad breath odour can be an indication of numerous illnesses such as diabetes, respiratory tract infections, including liver or kidney problems.
Convenient Bad Breath Remedy
- Don’t just brush your teeth, floss the food particles away as well
- Use antiseptic mouthwash before and after meals.
- Tongue scrapers are every effective in removing odour-causing bacteria that dwell on tongue.
- Foods rich in fibre are essential for better saliva flow.
- Stay hydrated through drinking enough glasses of liquid within a day.
- Avoid beverages high in sugar and acid for they promote bacteria growth that causes bad breath
Additional Bad Breath Cure
- Use straw instead when drinking beverages.
- Dry mouth can be relieved by over-the-counter and prescription medicines
- Bad breath sprays are also quick answers for dry mouth.
Successful Bad Breath Remedy with Reliable Salisbury Dentist
Temporary solutions for bad breath may help at a certain moment, but solving the condition with professional bad breath remedy is still the best treatment of all. Here at Parabanks Dental, we have adequate expertise when it comes to halitosis issues. Through our outstanding dental procedures and knowledge in modern dentistry, we help you beat up and prevent bad breath in the most efficient way.