Individuals and even some health care professionals remain unaware of the risk factors and preventive approaches for many oral diseases, and they do not fully appreciate how oral health affects overall health and well-being. Several recent studies have associated gum disease with other conditions and diseases such as respiratory, cardiovascular, diabetes, adverse pregnancy outcomes and breast cancer.
Bacterial infection that breaks down gum tissue and can cause tooth loss and serious health problems.
TYPES OF GUM DISEASE
- Gingivitis: A mild form of gum disease which causes the gums to become red, swollen and bleed easily.
- Periodontitis: An inflammatory disease that affects gum tissue and interferes with other systems of the body.
- Cardiovascular: Individuals are 2x more likely to suffer from stroke as a consequence of gum disease than of diabetes.
- Diabetes: People with diabetes are at greater risk from gum disease and can aggravate an existing lung condition.
- Respiratory: Periodontal disease may play a causal role in the contraction of pneumonia, bronchitis and emphysema.
- Pregnancy: Pre-term labour is 7x more likely in mothers-to-be that have periodontal disease than women with healthy gums.
- Breast Cancer: Women with chronic periodontal disease, indicated by missing molars, have a higher incidence of breast cancer.
ORAL HEALTH SOLUTIONS.
- Brush 2x daily.
- Floss daily.
- Dental checkups, 2x a year.
- Chew sugarless gum.
- Skip late-night eating.
- Drink green tea.
- Eat foods wit polyunsaturated fatty acids( e.g. salmo and peanut butter)
- Stop Smoking
- Keep up with dental appointments.
Efficient Treatment of Gum Disease in Salisbury
Consider consulting your dental professional if your gums bleed. Your dental care partners here at Parabanks Dental provide comprehensive and first-rate dental procedures that can effectively deal with your bleeding gums. Through our outstanding expertise in the field of dentistry, we help you experience a one-of-a-kind oral health wellness.
All New Customers will get FREE Dental Consultation if they pay for clean and Fluoride polish.