The effectiveness of cleaning and brushing your teeth would be incomplete without the presence of toothpaste. With the advent of new technology, toothpastes have also improved to provide the different needs of consumers. Through wise selection, you can certainly find the one that makes your daily oral hygiene fulfilling and efficient.
What Toothpaste to Choose?
The classifications of toothpaste available at stores today are overwhelming that you might be confused what kind you should pick. Nonetheless, you must only go for the one that surely solves the need for your teeth. These specialty toothpastes may include:
Tartar Control and Prevention
Sodium pyrophosphate is an ingredient present in the anti-tartar toothpaste, which primary goal is to prevent the progressing buildup of tartar on teeth. Sodium hexametaphosphate is another agent that inhibits tartar and stain above the gum line.
Antimicrobial and Tooth Sensitivity Control
With the help of stannous fluoride, which is known as an antibacterial agent, it prevents the development of the cavity and eases tooth sensitivity. Such agent is found in antimicrobial toothpaste.
Abrasive substances are the ones who effectively polish teeth stains so you can achieve white-looking teeth.
What’s in Toothpaste?
You might wonder why toothpastes have different flavours, why suds are present when you brush or how can they become effective when brush and paste hit your teeth. In spite of variations, toothpastes have common ingredients and these includes:
- These are scratchy materials that include calcium carbonate and silicates. They help remove food, mouth bacteria and other stains from the surface of your teeth.
Humectants (for retention of moisture)
- Toothpastes that are in paste and gel form usually contain ingredients like glycerol so that the toothpaste will not dry out.
- For toothpaste to taste better, artificial sweeteners are included such as saccharin. Thus, toothpaste not only tastes minty since nowadays there sweetened flavours available like apricots or peach, cinnamon-clove, lemon-lime and bubblegum.
- The bubbles coming out from the toothpaste every time you brush them on your teeth is due to detergents such as sodium lauryl sulfate.
- This is applied for keeping the appropriate texture of toothpaste.
Improved Oral Hygiene in Salisbury
Using the right toothpaste helps you attain a better oral hygiene as well. To get additional knowledge regarding excellent and proper oral care products to use, visit your reliable Salisbury dentist today. Here at Parabanks Dental, we provide overall oral health wellness through our broad dental expertise and remarkable, wide-ranging dental procedures- perfect for your various oral health needs.